Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sonlight PreK

I started researching preschool curriculum. The one that I liked the most was Sonlight's Pre-K (Core B now). I really liked this one because of all the story books that are included it it. Simply put, it's literature based. Read to your child!

While researching this program I came across this yahoo group SL Preschool. I have learned so much about teaching little ones from the ladies on this list. I'm very glad I found it. In the files section there are also 2 different schedules posted for Sonlight PreK. Of course, you have to be a member to have access to these files and they are copyrighted.

I own most of the books now for this program but not all. And we don't sit down and do it everyday. In fact, we're kinda lacking on doing this lately. So I'm hoping to get back into it.

I have all different workbooks that I purchased to go along with this. We've done a page here and there but I would like to start working on it more. (of course only when Jasmine wants too. It's her choice.) Here are some of the workbooks we have:
  • Developing the Early Learner (DEL) - we've done about 10pages so far.
  • Building Thinking Skills Primary
  • Visual Perceptual Skill Building
  • Cuisnaire Rods Alphabet book & cuisnaire rods.

Again, we've only worked a little with these right now.

No comments: