Saturday, January 26, 2008

Living Math

The past couple of days I have been researching living math books. I'm trying to find as many 'lists' as I can. I originally was looking with Jasmine in mind. A gentle way to learn math at a young age. But now I see I can add them in for Lily too. She doesn't normally like math so I think she would really enjoy this. (I would just add them with Saxon, not replace it).

Here are some sites I found so far....

Living Math! - This is an awesome site! They have so much info. They have the books arranged by concept and topic. They also have a Living Math Through History list.

CM, Children and Lots of Grace (blog)

http://charlottemason.tripod.com/CMmath1.html

Homeschool Math

OurLosBanos.com

MathStart

I also came across
Your Business Math series for ages 8-12. You can also get it at Lulu.com.

'You own a store. You want a profit. You do the Math!'

Oh, I'm so excited that I found this. Lily will just LOVE it. There are 3 'businesses' in the series - book store, sports store, and a pet store.

I'll definitely be getting the pet store for Lily! Man, I'm so excited - cause I believe that Lily will be excited about it!


*adds this to my already long list of things I want for school* phff

No comments: